Please read the following terms relating to the services, which are provided by The Trustee for Responsible Family Trust (A.B.N.50 932 597 038) (we, us, our, or RPBA).
Your decision to register to become a Member and access the Service means you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms contained in this agreement (Terms). These Terms govern your use of the services offered under the ‘Probationary Member (Level 1)’ and/or the ‘Full Member (Level 2)’ membership services (the Service). Your access to the Service is conditional upon your acceptance and ongoing compliance with these Terms.
We may at any time and at our sole discretion, amend, revise or modify these Terms and/or the Service. This may result in additional services being provided, or some of the existing services being terminated.
Although we may notify you of any amendment, revision or modification, it is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms. You agree to be bound by such changes, modifications or revisions as made by us from time to time.
How to access the Service
Responsible Pet Breeders Australia (RPBA) provides the following to its members:
- provides members when requested with ongoing advice, feedback on audits/dog housing and community support
- provides members with an RPBA registered breeder number
- provides members with a member certificate when requested via email and a member badge
- provides members with a listing on the RPBA full member or probationary member breeder list
- RPBA will forward on any potential buyer email requests to applicable members
- RPBA members must uphold the RPBA animal code of ethics and welfare standards
provides reasonable membership fees
- RPBA is in partnership with Orivet DNA testing and all RPBA full members get access to discounted DNA testing
- RPBA is in partnership with Stay Loyal dog food and all probationary and full RPBA members will receive an exclusive food discount
- RPBA is in partnership with a pet’s classifieds website and all RPBA full members get access to free ad upgrades
You must be a current and valid member to access the Service and the associated benefits.
Once you become a Member, your Membership is ongoing for as long as you continue to pay membership fees, or until such time that your Membership and/or agreement with us is terminated, in accordance with these Terms.
Membership entitles you to a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Service, subject to these Terms. Membership occurs when you register to become a Member, at which time, you warrant and represent that:
- you meet all applicable legal requirements, including age requirements, for doing so;
- you have authority to agree to these Terms;
- the personal information you provide when registering to become a Member is accurate, and that you will keep your contact information up to date;
- you will not use any user name or display name that is likely to mislead or deceive other users;
- you will not use any user name or display name that incorporates the name, image or likeness of another person;
- you will not at any time have more than 10 breeding bitches or cats and/or 10 undesexed female cats or dogs
- you will, at all times, abide by the Code of Ethics & Standards, as set out by RPBA;
- you will, at all times, fully comply with all legislation that may apply to you;
- you will keep your Membership secure and that you will not share your password or Membership, or do anything else so as to jeopardise the security of your Membership;
- you will notify us immediately if you believe that any files or information you have accessed via the Service contains viruses, spyware or other forms of malware;
- you have read and understand the Terms and agree to be bound by them; and
- you will only use the Service and your Membership for lawful purposes.
You further agree and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for keeping all relevant and personal information, including but not limited to your Membership user name, passwords and other security features, confidential and secure to prevent unauthorised use of your Membership. If you reasonably suspect that the security of your Membership is compromised, you must notify us immediately. You agree to be solely responsible for any conduct associated with, or originating from, your Membership.
To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude liability or responsibility for any damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages and reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of, or related to, any breaches of the security of your Member Account, resulting from your act or omission to act.
All Probationary Members agree that once twelve (12) months has passed from the beginning of their membership, they will be required to arrange for their premises to be audited by a practising veterinarian. You agree that if you do not submit an acceptable audit report to us within three (3) months, then your membership may be cancelled until an acceptable audit is submitted to us.
In relation to the Website and/or Service, you must not:
- use the Website and/or the Service for any activities or post or transmit via the Website and/or Service, any information or materials which breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights, or are contrary to any relevant standard or codes;
- use the Website and/or Service to post or transmit any material which interferes with other users or defames, trolls, harasses, bullies, intimidates, threatens, abuses, menaces or restricts any person or which inhibits any user from using the Website and/or Service;
- use the Website and/or Service to post or transmit any material where doing so violates the intellectual property rights, confidentiality or trade secrets of another party;
- use the Website and/or Service to post or transmit content that contains violence (including self-harm), hate speech, obscenity, nudity or pornography;
- use the Website and/or Service to send unsolicited email messages;
- use the Website and/or Service to express any view that may be of a religious, political, sexist or financial nature;
- use the Website and/or Service for the purpose of advertising, selling or offering for sale, any third-party product or service;
- use the Website and/or Service to post or transmit content that contains, or amounts to, advertisement, attempted business solicitations, marketing materials or sales promotional materials;
- in any way tamper with, hinder or modify the Website and/or the Service;
- knowingly transmit any viruses, spyware or other forms of malware or other disabling features to the Website and/or Services or via the Website and/or the Service; or
- attempt any of the above acts or encourage, or facilitate, or assist another person to do any of the above acts.
You agree and acknowledge that:
some views expressed by other Members are of a personal nature and, therefore, you must not vilify any other Member for expressing their own views; and
all posts made by other Members are for the greater good of all Members and should be made in consideration of the sensitive nature of emotions, in difficult stages of life.
RPBA may monitor the activities and conduct of Members. We may also use keyword monitoring whereby certain keywords may alert and trigger an investigation. RPBA reserves the right to employ any other measures we deem reasonable to monitor users in order to prevent the misuse of the Website and/or the Service in regards to any illegal or criminal activity, or other activity contrary to these Terms.
Payment For The Service
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Membership Fee must be in either monthly or annually installments via PayPal, or any other payment facility approved or offered by RPBA;
- RPBA reserves the right to vary the Membership Fee, from time to time; and
the Membership Fee is non-refundable, where the Service has been provided in accordance with these Terms.
- The Membership Fee is in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Term Of Agreement
These Terms commence on the Membership Date and will continue, until such time that they are terminated under these Terms.
Acceptance will be deemed to have occurred when RPBA communicates its acceptance to you in writing, including via email.
RPBA may gather the data that you provide at the time of registering to become a Member. This data will be used only in accordance with the RPBA privacy policies, as referred to above in these Terms.
RPBA may terminate these Terms if you have committed any material breach of these Terms or of the Code of Ethics available at https://responsiblepetbreeders.com.au/about-us/. We may also terminate your membership in the case of a breach capable of being remedied, if you have failed to remedy the breach within ten (10) days after the receipt of a written request from RPBA.
You may terminate your Membership with RPBA at any time by notice to us in accordance with these Terms.
RPBA will, upon termination of your Membership and/or these Terms disable your user name and password and consequently, deny you access to the Service.
Representations and warranties
Subject to all applicable laws, all Services provided to you by RPBA via the Website are provided ‘as is’ and we make no representation or warranty, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, RPBA will not be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising from:
- suspension or cancellation of your Membership;
your use of the Service;
- any interruptions or delays in accessing the Website or any third-party websites; or
circumstances beyond the reasonable control of RPBA,
- whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
All conditions and warranties, which may be implied by law into these Terms, are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so.
To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition, which cannot be excluded by these Terms, is limited, at our option, to one or more of the following:
- the resupply of the Service; or
- the payment of the Membership Fee, where applicable
To the full extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify RPBA from any liability for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from your use of the Service.
Any notice to be given by RPBA under these Terms, or in relation to the Service, must be provided to us via email. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given at the time the email was received by RPBA.
You shall not assign, transfer or sub-license any of your rights or obligations under these Terms, except with the prior written consent of RPBA.
We do not make any claims that the information is appropriate or may be downloaded in all areas, countries or jurisdictions. Access to the information contained in the Website and/or Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website and/or Service, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction, and any other laws applicable to you.
All rights not expressly granted in the Terms are reserved.
Where you have deleted data, including personal information, such data may persist in back-up copies for a reasonable time.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales and Courts of Appeal from them for determining any dispute concerning these Terms. This clause will survive a termination of these Terms.
In this document:
Member means the person, who has registered to become a RPBA member.
Membership means a RPBA membership.
Membership Date means the date that a person registers to become a Member.
Membership Fee means the fee that is payable to RPBA, in relation to a Membership.
Service means the service that RPBA provides to its Members, pursuant to the ‘Probationary Member (Level 1)’ and/or the ‘Full Member (Level 2)’ memberships.
Terms means this RPBA Membership Terms document.
Website means the website displayed at www.responsiblepetbreeders.com.au.
Please email us if you have any questions relating to these Terms.
These Membership Terms were last updated on 2 July 2019.